Is there a seat module?

I have a 2001 Silverado 2500hd that the drivers seat quit working. when I plug in the connector to the switch panel volts drops from 12.5 volts to 7.5 volts. Does the seat have a module that controls the seat from the switch panel? If yes where?

• Geo
    Favorite Answer

Wow! Every circuit has a voltage drop across it, but that is really big...too big. The Seat Switch is the Module, it uses transistors as switches in the circuit. If no rocker switches are faulty the circuit has excessive resistance. You backprobed the connector plugged in, right? Make sure the wiring harness hasn't been pinched. The Seat Switch can be removed and maybe tested, as in Ohmed Out. I'll bet the seat switch is the same as used on alot of GM vehicles so it should be readily available...probably around $100. After it's been running for at least 1/2 hour, feel the harness and see if it's Warm, that would confirm that the switch is bad.

You have a bad connection (high resistance) somewhere in the circuit.  Get a multimeter and look for the voltage drop. Check the voltage drop along the switch when the circuit is powered (switch on).  Switch could be bad.  Good luck

Source(s): Google. Learn how to use it.