should the border between Scotland and England be closed because of the high Covid19 cases in the North of England?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • TSK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

NOT HIGH in the parts of Northern England right next to Scotland though..

• Ludwig
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That is one reason.  Perhaps  not the most pressing one.

• 2 months ago

How would migrants get to Scotland?

• 2 months ago

People in Greater Manchester, east Lancashire and parts of West Yorkshire are banned from meeting different households indoors. I live in Scotland and my geography might not be very good but I know that going north after these places you have to travel to Blackpool, Lake District, Carlisle, East Yorkshire, Newcastle and Northumberland long before you come to the Scottish Borders.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

High cases are found in a very small specific part of Northern England; it doesn't affect the majority of that area of the country. 

Also; there's no way to shut an open border. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Seeing as anyone can travel between England and Scotland freely without having to show a passport or anything, beause there is no border, how can you close it.

• 2 months ago

As i live in Scotland there is a border at Gretna Scotland is a nation not part of England Scotland has its own laws its own Government so the two answers that state there is no border is wrong Hadrian's wall is 30 miles plus South of the Border 

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There are no borders just long roads from England to Scotland, obviously you have never been to Scotland.

• mal g
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Rebuild the wall.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What border?......................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.