Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Do you think all big dogs should be banned or go extinct ?

I think all big dogs need to be gone from earth they are just to wild they are not meant to be pets their is stories of dogs attacks all the time I think big dogs needs to go to the mountain and stay as nature heck they probably would like to be in the wild then being with humans because their is everything out their water food I think it would be easy for dogs to survive out their while here dogs dont really care about anyone they would even attack a random dogs or attack anyone sometimes they dont even care what their owners says I really think big dogs should be gone though or get banned they are to crazy. 

So many people being so offended you guys want dogs to be slaves that bad ?? Let them go they need to be part of nature again they are not meant to be pets. 

No dogs wants to be locked in a cage like that Im pretty sure no dogs wants to be told what to do why do you think they get so excited when dogs go for a walk and role on the grass because they miss being nature Im pretty sure dogs are only loyal to their owners because they get free food can you imagine that getting locked in the owner place & only go out & eat when the owner wants you to no thats terrible life let dogs & cat be nature again. 

You humans are the evil ones making dogs be your slaves dogs would not be so stupid in the 1st place if humans never make them as pets look at wolfs look at the wild dogs in african they are just doing good by them self dogs need to be nature again 

Wow yall clearly want dogs to be slaves 

It seems as though you've had a difficult experience with a large dog and you may find others who agree with you. However, I believe the majority of people love animals regardless of size.

I'm gonna assume the Op is a yahoo user called Anna. Seeing as she notoriously hates dogs. Also are you not aware of the fact that more people get bitten by small yappy anklebiter type dogs, but because they're small it doesn't make headline news. I grew up with large breed dogs and never had any trouble with them, on the other hand we had a small dog that did bite someone. 

Dogs aren’t slaves. They like being in houses. After having a dog for years, I know from experience that they like being here. If you put them outside, they’ll come back. They like the free warmth, food and petting. Anonymous person who posted this, no. I bet you’re just a cat person.

• KTJoe

No banning man/womans best friend, the dog. What needs to done is training dogs to use a cat box. Enough cleaning up after your dog. 

• jean

i think u should be made extinct on yahoo answers

• "Do you think all big dogs should be banned or go extinct ?"

NO WAY.

I don't know your age - but I'm picking 8±1 years old. You are not yet CONSISTENT. Your QUESTION states "big dogs" but you neither DEFINE what the limit of that "big" is, to you, nor supply examples that DON'T apply to dogs of all sizes.

I would be AMAZED were you to regard Chihuahuas as "big dogs". Yet: https://www.dvm360.com/view/study-chihuahuas-bite-... gives SOME examples of the most-likely-to-bite breeds, and reports that Chihuahuas are THE most common biters of vets. But the researcher (Rachael Zimlich) SHOULD know that there is NO "Pit Bull" breed, NO "German Shepherd" breed.

However, I DO expect that "meat animals" such as deer, sheep and steers will be made extinct first, as farmland gets covered with multi-level dwellings; and soon after that all dogs except those used for guide-dog work, police/security work, and search&rescue teams will go extinct as dog-owning-&-feeding becomes too expensive. Fortunately, properly-bred German Shepherd Dogs are VERY suitable for all 3 roles.

• "I think all big dogs need to be gone from earth they are just to wild they are not meant to be pets"

You won't find any OWNERS of whichever breeds you mean as "big" who will agree with you.

Nor will you find any "big dogs" who feel that "need" nowadays - unless they have DREADFUL owners. Big or small, over the last 135,000 years Canis lupus familiaris have adapted to living with and serving human beings in ways that mostly suit both dogs and humans.

Starting in 133,000± BC, the dog-line and the wolf-line began separating, with individual Canis lupus creatures preferring to scavenge food scraps from the middens (rubbish dumps) of the hunter-gatherer humans alive back then - people didn't settle into farming villages until about 8,000 BC. According to a study published in March 2013 of ancient DNA from a believed 33,000-year old Pleistocene dog whose DNA is more dog-like than wolf-like from the Altai Republic in Russia, he is the ancestor of domestic dogs: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.137... The separation was in 12,885± BC -  a "mere" 14,900 years ago - according to the 2014 article at: http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=1...

In 12,690± BC a domestic dog was buried in Bonn-Oberkassel, Germany:  http://www.donsmaps.com/oberkassel.html  The well-preserved lower jaw & teeth directly associated with a human double grave of a 50-year-old man and a 20-25-year-old woman suggest a small sheep dog. Mitochondrial DNA analysis confirms that the Oberkassel animal skeleton is a direct ancestor of today’s dogs. These 14,700 years old burial remains are the earliest evidence of a domesticated dog. But dog-like remains 31,000 years old were found in Belgium, and 15,000 years old in western Russia. (The earliest evidence for cat domestication is only around 8,000 - 9,500 years ago.)

• "their is stories of dogs attacks all the time "

No. "THERE ARE stories of dog attacks all the time." Some of them are true - except that the spectators usually give incorrect breed-names.

• "I think big dogs needs to go to the mountain and stay as nature heck they probably would like to be in the wild then being with humans because their is everything out their water food I think it would be easy for dogs to survive out their"

What's "nature heck" ??

Your logic and your spelling are both very poor. They and your constant "think"s are why I, who had mostly children aged 7, 8 & 9 years old all in the same classroom during my 30 years as a schoolteacher, place you in that age range.

• "while here dogs dont really care about anyone"

As you have used the cowardly [Anonymous] instead of proudly displaying the avatar and username YOU chose, I have no idea where you live. But if your 8 words above are TRUE for where you live, I am mighty glad I don't live there! And sad that you are so unobservant, if they are untrue.

As a MINIMUM, well-trained dogs CARE about their OWNER. They get excited when they hear their "pet human"s vehicle coming home. They DO things that they have learned please their "pet human". They almost all CARE ABOUT their "pet human"s household and property.

See the 1968 FILM version of "Oliver" - especially the attitude of Bill Sikes' Bull Terrier. The only part of that 1968 version I disliked was the nambypamby lad cast as Oliver Twist.

• "they would even attack a random dogs or attack anyone sometimes they dont even care what their owners says I really think big dogs should be gone though or get banned they are to crazy."

There is no such thing as "a random dogs".

Whether you meant "a stray dog" or "an intruding dog" or "a cross-bred dog" or "a mongrel dog" we have no way of knowing.

Dogs certainly CAN bite - they would be useless as guard dogs, police dogs, ratting dogs, security guards if they didn't. But you need to learn that when a dog bites it is for one of these reasons:

🔸1: A criminal has trained it to instantly bite anyone who comes near the owner's property.

🔸2: The person bitten has been tormenting the dog in the past - and the dog remembers it.

🔸3: The person bitten has cornered a cowardly dog, and biting-then-fleeing is the only way the terrorised dog can think of to escape.

🔸4: Something hurt the dog, and the dog blames the person it bites in retaliation.

🔸5: The dog is very protective of its "pet human" and the human's property so - in the absence of any command-&-introduction from the owner, "protects" its owner or the property by biting the intruder.

The last was proven in an unfortunate way last century. Three primary schoolboys knocked on the gate and asked to play with my GSDs. I put all except the 2 senior bìtches in their pens then opened the gate to let one boy at a time come in & meet each bìtch. When I opened the gate to let the 3rd boy in he suddenly turned and ran away - and before I could finish saying "No, Nadja!", she had leapt the 6 steps down and grabbed his leg. It turned out that he had seen HIS dog sneaking down the alleyway on the far side of my driveway & carshed so had instinctively gone to chase it home. I HAD to keep all 3 boys there for at least a half hour, so the other 2 boys could  prove that the dogs were not vicious, before I dared put the bìtches away and drive the bitten boy home, offering to take him to their doctor.

No, none of my dogs have been trained to bite - but they ARE instinctively protective & territorial.

You have too many UPDATES without adding any FACTUAL EVIDENCE, and without checking-&-correcting your typing before posting it. From your 3rd Update:

• "look at wolfs look at the wild dogs in african they are just doing good by them self dogs need to be nature again "

should presumably be:

● "Look at wolves. Look at the African Wild Dogs - they are doing well by themselves. Dogs need to be natural again."

Really?

🔹1: Read the reports about the wolves of Isle Royal: https://www.google.com/search?&oq=reports+on+the+w...

🔹2: Read the reports about the African Wild Dog: https://www.google.com/search?&q=reports+on+Africa... - it seems to be in irreversible decline. Spend 43 minutes watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUEPDxaEL_E

Youtube thumbnail

and think about whether you have seen any domestic dog packs with so many FIT members working in co-ordination.

🔹3: Dogs ARE natural - well, those that can breathe & run at the same time, and can mate without veterinary assistance, are. Dogs stopped being wolves somewhere between 133,000± BC and 12,690± BC.

Slaves? Wild canids must obey their pack's leader. The photo (taken while I was getting breakfast ready) shows how my canids have told me what they want me to do.

Kreaky Kiwi - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

What about small dogs? I personally think they are loud hippy, bite way too often, and are just overgrown and overhyped rats. If we getting rid of the clearly superior breeds we got to get rid of these ones first lol

I don't know what "big dogs should be gone through" means.  Right, let's set up a fund to pay to gather up all the "big dogs" and send them to the mountain.  Do you have any specific mountain in mind?  Yours is obviously an educated opinion in that "big dogs needS to go to the" non specific mountain.

What are the size requirements to be a "big dog?"  Height, weight, something else?

Before you pass this law, please look up "too" and "to" and "their, they're and there."

I agree they need to be gone from earth.  Where is the mountain you're talking about, which planet (now that Earth has been ruled out)?

No..  We need dogs as service dogs, search and rescue, contraband dogs, police k9s, cadavor dogs, etc..

Most of these jobs could not be done by small dogs.

Dogs arent the problem.  People who fail to control and train dogs are the problem.

Added:

Domestic dogs are NOT "part of nature".   No domestic breed of dog exists in nature.   These are essentially MAN-MADE animals.

Not at all no......Though little blue faced yahoo trolls  such as yourself definitely should be irradicated to the point of extinction 

Source(s): Since when are Blue faced trollin gobshites able to think ? Baaaaaaah