What are your personal thoughts on ketchup?

Personally, I don’t like it so therefore, I won’t put it on ANYTHING I eat. I don’t use it in recipes either which should tell you how much I don’t like it.

• 3 days ago

My girl loves ketchup but personally,i love trying all different sauces,i love salads and theres a whole wall of different choices(my faves so far are garlic and herb dressing and sweet chilli sauce).x

Source(s): Saucy!
  • 3 days ago

Commercial ketchup is basically a tomato flavored salt/sugar sauce.  I don’t typically eat it (unless I’m having fries at our local Betty Burger) and as a throwback to when I was a kid, on meatloaf.

Speaking of meatloaf, years ago I went on a meatloaf making kick trying to knock off one of the specials at my favorite local restaurant.  Meatloaf wasn’t on their main menu but they had it two or three times a month, unpredictably, as a special, so I called every day asking if they had it til one of the hostesses took pity on my and said she’d call me every time it came up.  Sweet girl.

Anyway, when I work on a recipe I get REALLY into it and each time I would work on that recipe I’d make three different meatloafs, all with a different flavor profile.  I still use two of the recipes I developed now when I make meatloaf.  The third one had partly ground turkey in it, which tends to make the meatloaf tough so I stopped making that one.

So...I NEVER have commercial ketchup in the house and made my special meatloaf for a fella one night and just as the meatloaf was resting I realized I had no ketchup.  I googled for recipes and whipped up a bowl of homemade ketchup in about 3 minutes.  It was SO much better than any commercial ketchup I’d ever had that now, when I need ketchup, which is basically only when I make meatloaf, I make my own.

Ah...and I have to admit, I bought a jar of Trader Joe’s Tomato Ketchup with Black Summer Truffles a couple weeks ago ... because of the truffles, which I LOVE ... and it’s pretty darned good.  I’ve only had it on a baked potato so far ... but I think a meatloaf is in my culinary near future...

4 days ago

I like it on a burger and French fries, but that's about it. I'm not a huge lover of Ketchup, though.

• 4 days ago

Its not how it once was.  the taste is rank nowadays.

I only use ketchup from a big glass bottle.

I hate plastic bottle ketchup.  The glass bottle ketchup is the best.   Ketchup with its sweet taste goes really well with home cooked samosas, spicy ones at that.

• 5 days ago

I have always found it too sweet and not enough tomato

• F
    5 days ago

Great on the right food particularly fish and chips or a fry up.

Also good for you contains a high concentration of lycopene which has anti cancer properties. ( ignore the sugar).

• 5 days ago

I really do not give ketchup much thought at all. 

It is there if I need it (I may use it in recipes but rarely use it as it is)

My grandkids use it more than I do. 

• 5 days ago

I absolutely love the stuffl. I eat food with my ketchup. I guess I am polar opposite to you. 

• kswck2
    5 days ago

Ever make French dressing, shrimp cocktail sauce, gravy for Mongolian short ribs, Salisbury Steak? They ALL require ketchup. 

• 5 days ago

I like to dip my chips in ketchup.