Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 weeks ago

What's the recipe for Coca Cola? What gives it that flavor?

• 1 week ago

Although said to be a secret, a historian claims to have found the secret recipe.

• 1 week ago

Cinnamon is what I taste.

• Tasm
    1 week ago

Coal                                    

• 1 week ago

Phosphoric acid.

1 week ago

It’s a secret, so secret that it’s about the only thing USA wouldn’t let the Nazis have.

its a secret. guess you will never know.

It’s a secret.  

The original recipe included cocaine.  That’s where the Coca came from.

Regular Coca Cola now is nothing like the original recipe.  I pretty much don’t drink soda but on the extremely rare occasions that I do, I check the ingredients and will only drink the ones with real sugar.  I won’t consume anything with high fructose corn syrup in it, AT ALL.

I always have a couple of REAL coca colas in the house, the mexican coke that comes in the glass bottles and is made with real sugar, because I use it when I cook pork for carnitas.  

It’s also absolutely fabulous over ice with Fernet.  Fernet is a weird (and incredibly strong) liqueur that is from the bitter amaro family and is considered a digestive aid.  The first sip (straight, over ice) is a very strong mint/pinesol/bitter flavor.  After that first sip your taste buds will be a bit anesthetizeD and the second sip isn’t quite as strong.  Be careful, if you pour a second drink you will be WASTED.  Anyways, it’s delicious with real coke over ice - be careful tho, it’s much stronger than you will realize!

Source(s): Quit
  • kswck2

It is supposedly a closely guarded secret, but in recent years, some folks have come so close to it, that the taste is almost indistinguishable from the real thing. Not that Coca Cola will  acknowledge it. 

• geezer

The flavorings in Coke are kola nuts, coca leaves, vanilla, cinnamon, 'citrus', and caramel (which also colours it) .. the exact proportions are a secret.

Apart from that it's 90-99% carbonated water .. depending on whether it's caffine and/or sugar free.