Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 week ago

How do you tell a boy from a girl cat?

they said the cat was fixed, but I never asked if she or he was male or female. I can't find any kitty balls or a pee pee so is it a girl or do they remove the balls and it could be a balless male?

She or he is very hairy and also hates it stomach area touched and scratches me, she is not little cat but a big giant one. She has only a stub for tail but she can bend that stub and won't let me look. I think if I wet her I might be able to see whats down there better. I see the anus but under that is just fluff, looks like a bunnies ***. 

I assumed she is a girl because she looks feminine, but what do I know. For a cat with no tail she is quite graceful and can jump up onto top of my fridge. 

I was told the breed is Manx, but I read that they only weigh up to 13 lbs and she is 21 lbs, and she does seem fat. She eats more than my dog. 

• 2 days ago

It use to be that girls wore lipstick and dresses. But now days you just can't tell by that.

• FUNdie
    5 days ago

If it's a boy, you will see 3 bumps on his backside under his tail. If it's a girl  there will be a slit but no bumps.

6 days ago

females usually have a scar on their tummys from the operation

6 days ago

Boys wear blue and girls wear pink. Boys play with toy cars. Girls play with dolls. 

• Ocimom
    1 week ago

The cat is very much overweight.  Take the cat to vet and determine the sex and work on reducing the weight.  The cat should not be on dry food (which causes the cat to be overweight among other health issues).  Feed 1/2 can (3-4 oz) per meal twice a day, and eliminate dry food.

• 1 week ago

I have a Manx--they do get rather fat, so don't overfeed her. If she has a little stub of a tail, she's a "stumpy" Manx. They are usually short, placid, usually affectionate and calm. Unless you are doing something they don't like. One of the other people who posted here gave you the clue about telling what gender it is:  COLON (two dots) is female, SEMICOLON (dot over a slit) is a male. Unless you can see this clearly, don't explore too much.  Unless there are definite "balls" there, it won't matter either way if your cat has been neutered already. 

• J
    1 week ago

Male cats have very small parts. Not like a dog. When I got my cat at 6 weeks old, I wasn’t sure either. I thought I saw balls, but I couldn’t tell. Turns out I was right. Wait till it goes to lick itself in that area and you can probably get a better look. If not, just ask the vet. All that hair can make it hard to see. 

• 1 week ago

ask your vet next time you see them

• 1 week ago

The vagina is closer to the anus. The penis is further away from the anus. 

If it’s a guy, he should still have his ball sack. Look at his anus and see if there’s a sack. 

A cat penis looks like a little worm. When he’s cleaning himself, it’ll come out and he’ll start licking it. 

1 week ago

A boy cat has a little pair of balls just below their anus.  If a male cat has been "fixed", then the balls have been removed, but you should still be able to tell that the cat once had balls.  You should also be able to find their penis.  

A girl cat does not.  With a girl cat, you can usually find the vaginal slit if you look closely enough.

It is usually hard to tell the gender of a kitten until they are about four to six weeks old.  Someone who really knows what they are looking for can tell when the kitten is a little younger, but it gets easier when they are past a month old.