Why are New Yorkers Training dogs to hunt cute rats that’s so heartless and mean? ?

I understand millions of rats live in New York City but one of those rodents is a Fivel and those rats are cute and I consider them NYC residents as well...

I love mice and rats and I don’t want to see them killed in garbage cans, chase them away fine but don’t hurt them, don’t be mean to them 

So chase them out to the open fields where hawks and other predators can hunt and kill them.  Got it.

The rodents you "love" are bred in clean circumstances, and raised to be pets.  The rats running loose in NYC are feral, nasty, and carriers of MANY diseases.  If you think something you saw in a cartoon movie is ANYTHING like reality - then you are either 7 years old, tops, or mentally challenged.  Frankly, I worry about the dogs, even if trained ratters, who might be bitten by the vicious rats.  Betcha THOSE dogs have all their shots up to date.