Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 2 months ago

How do states enforce out of state quarantine laws ?

If I go to Florida and coming form Ohio. Would I have to quarantine for 14 days

• MS

They enforce them more easily among those who fly in and those who stay in hotels.  They collect travel information and can do random checks for compliance.  Quite a few people have been arrested in Hawaii for violating quarantine rules.

FL does not have any quarantine rules in place.  OH recommends a 14-day quarantine when returning from certain states, including FL, but it is not a mandate there (yet).  You could travel freely between the two.  That doesn't mean that you necessarily should.

Florida is requiring a quarantine for people traveling from the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut.

There really isn't a way to enforce a quarantine, however if you check into lodging you may be asked to sign an agreement that you will quarantine for the requested amount of time.   

Probably, but that is very difficult to enforce. "Prove I haven't been here 15 days".