Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Does taking pills daily means taking them in the morning and afternoon not evening?

• Snezzy

Sometimes the time of day is important. If so, the doctor should have told you, and it should be on the label. "Take one pill at bedtime," or "take one pill with breakfast." Also, a good pharmacist will discuss the medication with the patient when it is first prescribed.

It is usually best to reserve a particular time of day for medication so that you do not forget. Many people find that "first thing in the morning" is easiest to remember.

If you have questions you really should ask your doctor.

No, if the instructions on the bottle say take one tablet daily, it does not matter if you take it in the morning, in the afternoon or in the evening, unless it gives you specific instructions on the bottle, to take it in the morning or at bedtime.  If the instructions on the bottle say take one tablet  2 times daily, you take one tablet in the in the morning and take the second tablet (12 hours apart), in the evening. If the instructions on the bottle say take one tablet 3 times a day, then you take one tablet in the morning, one tablet in the afternoon and one tablet in the evening (8 hours apart). 

Try to take it at the same time everyday. Also ask your Dr., if you should eat something first, before you take your medication because some medications like Antibiotics, will make you Nauseous, if you take them on an empty stomach.

Just a Tip: When I take my Prescribed Medications, I always keep a log and write down the name of the medication I took, the amount that I took and what time I took it. That way I can go back and make sure I took the medication, when I was supposed to or see whether I haven't taken it yet and need to take it, so I do not forget. Again, try hard to take your medication(s), at the same time everyday, so you can stay on schedule.

• Jim

If it only says "daily" it is up to you when to take them. However, you should be consistent with the time of day, and you should consider as much as you can for the meds (food, other med interaction, etc.).

Some pills that are 'daily' can be split and taken twice a day, other pills should never be broken.

• Lili

Normally, twice daily would mean morning and evening, but you should ask your doctor what he or she thinks is best.  

Check, too, as to whether you should take them on a full or empty stomach, and if they are antibiotics, whether they might leave you with a yeast or c-diff infection, so that you should follow each one an hour later with a probiotic.

• KennyB

Read the manufacturers instruction or ask your doctor for his recommendation.  Different pills have different optimum times for them.

Yes, it means that they must be taken during the day, not during the morning and not during the event.

• Zirp

No it doesn't indicate time of day. It just means you take one or more every day