Content insurance ?

I have content insurance with halifax.

My carpets have been down for around 7 year when the house got built, when I moved in they were a little damaged and worn and not out down very well. Can I claim on my insurance to get new ones as they are damaged? 

• car253

That is not covered.    That is also part of the building that would not be covered under renters insurance.     your landlord should have changed the carpet a long time ago. 

Source(s): my mistake too. Always take photos when you move into a new place so you can show the condition of it when you move out.

No.You are discussing normal wear and tear.

• Tavy

No, they are not damaged it is wear and tear. Damage is fire, flood or accident.

UK

• Judy

No, insurance doesn't cover things hat just wear out.

• fcas80

I agree with AJ's answer, and I just want to add to it.  

Insurance is for damage that is accidental and unexpected.  Wear and tear is neither of these.  If insurance covered wear and tear type claims, the premium would be exorbitant.

• A.J.

No. Normal wear and tear is not covered by most insurance. Check the policy details of what is covered.