Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

IC System or Scam?

Recently I had a phone call regarding a "personal business matter". I am 18, no debt, or anything. They called me asking for my father and wanted me to verify his identity, date of birth, etc. (Obviously i did not because i am not him). The woman wouldn't tell me who she was or anything. She just said she couldn't discuss anything and asked If this number would be a good one to reach him. However, I think it's strange that they called MY phone (which is on his phone plan) instead of his? Would there be any reason for this or could it be a scam call? 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Dan B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would give them a similar answer that they gave you to  your question.  "I can't discuss any personal information about the party whom you are trying to contact."  Probably a debt collector.

• 2 months ago

Of course it's a scam call. ANY call that requests you verify personal information is not legitimate--because legit companies don't do that unless YOU call THEM.  

They're phishing--wanting information on someone that they are banking on you providing. Block the number and don't give them anything. 

• 2 months ago

It sounds like a collection agency.  They're not allowed to tell anyone else why they are calling (it's against the law for them to tell anyone except the person they are calling that the reason for the call is that the person owes money or that they are a collection agency), so they have to use vague important-sounding statements to get the person on the phone.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's a scam.

I received e-mails that ask, for information about me, and the person who sent me the e-mails doesn't know who I am.

All I do is I delete those e-mails, and then I move on with my day. There are different types of scams. Scams like the one you described is not the only type of scam that exist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It sounds like dad is dodging bill collectors

• 2 months ago

Debt collector 

• 2 months ago

Any call that will speak to someone else is a scam.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

scam. obviously.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You did good - Never give-out information ......................

• 2 months ago

Sounds like a collection call.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.