Is the economy going to get worse or better in the third quarter? why?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Aaron
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

world economy has sunk into deep recession ,Don't you know it ?  epidemic has brought many industries to a standstill ,the path to recovery is long and difficult

• 1 month ago

I think the economy will do better next quarter since this is an election year and Trump wants to be reelected, he will do his best to boost the economy. 

• RICK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Worse because the virus will be worse and more businesses  will close. Stimulus  money doesn't do the economy much good if there is no place open to spend it.

And remember  over 50% of our economy depends on small businesses  and many of these are not ever going to reopen because they did not have enough cash reserves to get through a shut down longer then 30 or so 60 days

• 2 months ago

Worse. Democratic governors are doing their best to ruin the economy to get Donald Trump out of office. Also, jobs cannot start up unless parents have daycare options (i e, school). [Kids can get COVID outside of school (!)] More stimulus money may keep people afloat for a short time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I agree with dirt old man.

• 2 months ago

probably worse.... 

if you recall, job numbers were crushing expectations as Americans returned to work in May..... but all that screeched to a halt in June....... why?

well... in my neighborhood, several businesses were supposed to open the first week of June but they were all heavily damaged during the "mostly peaceful" protests....two have since announced they are closing permanently, at least nine others say it will be another 2 months minimum before they can reopen.... this alone has cost over 200 jobs within a one square mile area...

two weeks after the days of protest infection numbers and hospitalizations spiked, right on schedule.... just as riot-related shut-downs and curfews were lifted, more COVID shutdowns were being announced...

now many will argue that it was the reopening in May that caused this spike.....even though the demographic data shows that the spike in new cases is happening among younger people, people out of work and in minority communities (i.e. the "protest" demographic)...

in any case, "we're in this together" became "MY anger comes FIRST!" for several weeks.... quite frankly, the economy is taking a back seat to "social justice"....and frankly, much of that is because many politicians and businessmen know that they can profit from that to a far greater degree than pinning their hopes on economic numbers...

• 2 months ago

It will not improve very soon. Too many people are struggling just to keep a roof over their heads, cloths on the back and food to eat. Discretionary income is almost non-existent. So impulse shopping is for many of us a thing of the past. This translates into a almost 25% shrinkage in the flow of money.

It might take a long time to rebound. Families might learn to live on a single income which will reduce the size of the work force. Even if just 10% of the double income families learn how to be happy on a single income that is a big chunk of the total economy.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hard to tell, it depends on how many citizens Trump is willing to sacrifice for the economy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.