Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 weeks ago

Why are most women not feminist these days?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

A modicum of commonsense my dear person. A modicum of commonsense. Over the years I have researched all things feminism has claimed and I have found so many holes it would take a century to sew them up. Bottom line; question and question and question what feminism has got to say. Do not take it a core value; they will and do leave out things to get you on their side.  

• 1 week ago

Are you kidding? I’d say many women are. Almost every woman is a feminist if you come down to the main goal. Women and men having equal rights. Which I’d say we do. But then some women just take it too far, screaming about man-spreading, painting with period blood, and most, what I would call sensible women, don’t want anything to do with that.

• Anonymous
    1 week ago

probably due to the backlash against feminists by men. most women are feminists ie they want equal pay for men and women. Femenists helped women get voting rights

• 1 week ago

One is moved to ask how you, hiding behind "anonymous", would define the term "feminist."  If you mean women who believe women must have the right to vote; women who believe they (and they alone) get to decide what happens to their own bodies---especially when it comes to reproductive rights; women who support and fight for wage equality; women who have the courage and patriotic fervor to run for (and win) public office...then the premise of your question is utterly false.  Liberated women are the MAJORITY in this country, and old white men with their insecurities-driven authoritarianism are slipping into oblivion even as we speak.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

I Believe that it is because some women who clam to be feminists are absolutely horrible, they bring down men and non binary folk,, and when most of us see that we think “oh, feminism is only about women and they hate men” and of course most of us don't want to be associated with that so we don't label ourselves as feminists, but infact! Those women are not feminists. True feminism is not about getting women above men, it's not about the people who say “kill all men” it's not about the negative people. It's about giving voices to people who need them. Real feminists talk about everyone's issues, real feminists don't bring down other people.

Source(s): Just a reminder: You're loved :)💓
  • 2 weeks ago

Many women may say that they are not feminist when in fact feminisim completely saturates our society all women and most men have feminist thinking and accept that women are disadvantage and much more valuable than men so they need advantage in everything they do and free ride through life.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

How many times are you going to post the exact same question again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again?

Get treatment for your OCD.

• 2 weeks ago

Feminism is an inborn personality trait. You either have it or you don't. That's why there are so many fake wannabes (most likely liberals)

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Feminism has acted so far out of accordance with the dictionary definition of itself over the years, that it is no longer taken seriously as the vehicle for gender equality at all. And it seems the nearer we get to absolute equality in the West, the more radical that feminism gets. Most people do not relate to radical feminism, which has become mainstream in feminist circles. To drive all this home, is the recent study that shows that few people identify as feminists even though most people believe in equality between the sexes.

*see link

I think the reality of most women's lives in the first world is at complete odds with the feminist narrative of "women's oppression" and the blatant female victim narrative. A lot of women either do not relate, of feel outright guilty at accepting feminist garnered privileges under such false pretences.

Couple that with the accepted man-hate that is prevalent in mainstream feminism and it is easy to see why more and more ordinary women are wanting to distance themselves from such a movement.

• 2 weeks ago

Decent women don't like the way modern feminism is giving their gender a bad name.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Many women and more men still believe that the majority of Feminists are angry Lesbians and therefore don't want to be seen to be supporting homosexuality, in case their friends think they too are homosexual.  Mostly it's ignorance of what feminism actually is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.