Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 3 months ago

Bladder problems?

This is embarrassing but I'm just a bit concerned? 

Recently, out of nowhere I've been urinating more. No thirst, just peeing a lot.

And just today I started getting really thirsty and so I drank a bunch of water. I'm still thirsty and then I urinate. And it's clear. 

I keep drinking water and then urinating like 5 minutes later. It's clear. I'm still thirsty.

Can someone tell me what's going on here? 

I am not diagnosed with diabetes by the way.

Simply - you are low on salt - makes the body not able to retain water.  You may also be low on potassium.

There are several reasons a person can have frequent urination. UTI, stress, incomplete bladder emptying, bladder retention. 

Dehydration can make you thirsty, and you may very well drink a lot, but your body does not process anything you drink, into urine in 5 mins. 

Fluid retention one day, can become frequent urination a day or two later.

This can happen after a few days of more sodium  or carbohydrates than normal in your diet, as both excess sodium or carbs can cause fluid retention. 

Frequent urination can be stress related. However since it is a symptom of diabetes particularly when combined with the thirst, ensure that you do go to the doctor to do your fasting glucose tolerance test as well as a regular glucose test and A1C test. If all of those are truly within range, then talk to your doctor about how changes to your diet may help and maybe a referral to a urologist to ensure nothing else is going on.