Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 3 months ago

Bladder problems?

This is embarrassing but I'm just a bit concerned? 

Recently, out of nowhere I've been urinating more. No thirst, just peeing a lot.

And just today I started getting really thirsty and so I drank a bunch of water. I'm still thirsty and then I urinate. And it's clear. 

I keep drinking water and then urinating like 5 minutes later. It's clear. I'm still thirsty.

Can someone tell me what's going on here? 

Update:

I am not diagnosed with diabetes by the way.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Simply - you are low on salt - makes the body not able to retain water.  You may also be low on potassium.

• 3 months ago

There are several reasons a person can have frequent urination. UTI, stress, incomplete bladder emptying, bladder retention. 

Dehydration can make you thirsty, and you may very well drink a lot, but your body does not process anything you drink, into urine in 5 mins. 

Fluid retention one day, can become frequent urination a day or two later.

This can happen after a few days of more sodium  or carbohydrates than normal in your diet, as both excess sodium or carbs can cause fluid retention. 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Frequent urination can be stress related. However since it is a symptom of diabetes particularly when combined with the thirst, ensure that you do go to the doctor to do your fasting glucose tolerance test as well as a regular glucose test and A1C test. If all of those are truly within range, then talk to your doctor about how changes to your diet may help and maybe a referral to a urologist to ensure nothing else is going on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.