Do you believe in a soul, that humans have? ?

I definitely believe in a human soul. 

6 days ago

Humans ARE souls

Soul = body + spirit

Genesis 2:7 KJV — And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

• 6 days ago

No. Things live and die, that's a;; there is to life @cee, please explain the location within the body do you find a soul. We are alive because we have lugs, heart and a brain. 0@ Roberta B, soul can only be just life, when do die your life is gone. @Ted, it is a fantasy, but a trick to cause the ignorant to stay in a religion and continue to be controlled. @Paul, nothing has reveled what you claim. @ Robert de. LMAO, and your answer to this question is as useful as all of your other answers; useful for nothing. Why do you need to bring  Misty into your nonsense? Now prove your claim, or STFU! @Misty, you are on a  roll, don't back away.

• 6 days ago

I believe that everything alive has a soul, if not , it wouldn't be alive 

• 6 days ago

Yes, I do, but I believe in the Bible's rendering of soul, not human doctrines of the soul's immortality.

"Soul" is the traditional rendering of the Hebrew word neʹphesh and the Greek word psy·kheʹ. In examining the way these terms are used in the Bible, it becomes evident that they basically refer to (1) people, (2) animals, or (3) the life that a person or an animal has. (Ge 1:20; 2:7; Nu 31:28; 1Pe 3:20)

In contrast to the way that the term “soul” is used in many religious contexts, the Bible shows that both neʹphesh and psy·kheʹ, in connection with earthly creatures, refer to that which is material, tangible, visible, and mortal. 

Notice these scriptures, cited above, that use the Hebrew word neʹphesh and the Greek word psy·kheʹ where you see asterisks (*):

Genesis 1:20

20 Then God said: “Let the waters swarm with living creatures,* and let flying creatures* fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.” 

Genesis 2:7

7 And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living person.* 

Numbers 31:28

28 As a tax for Jehovah, you should take from the soldiers who went out into the battle one soul* out of every 500, of the people, the herd, the donkeys, and the flock. 

1 Peter 3:20

20 who had formerly been disobedient when God was patiently waiting in Noah’s day, while the ark was being constructed, in which a few people, that is, eight souls,* were carried safely through the water.

So they didn't HAVE souls, they WERE souls.  It is not a separate thing that leaves the body and goes to heaven or "hell" (another mistranslated word).

What leaves the human body, according the Ecclesiastes 12:7, and Psalm 104:29-30 is the SPIRIT (Hebrew word ruʹach and the Greek word pneuʹma).  

Psalm 104 also state that angels are spirits, and Jesus in John 4:24 stated that God, his Father, is spirit. 

The spirit comes from God and makes the soul alive, and when it leaves, the person's thoughts perish.  Psalm 146:4 

The Hebrew word, neʹphesh, translated as "soul" in many Bibles, occurs about 750 times in the Bible, and it actually means “a breather.”  As mentioned before, animals as well as humans are SOULS.

Understanding these Bible facts as the original words render them, is important for us when recognizing what the soul, and the spirit are, and also so that we are not misled by pagan ideas of inherent immortality.  

The Egyptians believed in an immortal soul, and the elaborate tombs that they built are now objects of thievery for people who desire the gold and precious gems in them.

Our lives are dependent on God, NOT ourselves, and the soul that sins will DIE.  Ezekiel 18:4,20

Source(s): Does Man Have an Immortal Soul? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101968005
  • Saad M
    6 days ago

All divine creatures have souls.

• 6 days ago

I believe that God has an ideal "blueprint" of our ideal selves from which we are created.  I don't believe in a ghost in the machine, and there's evidence from the Bible that Jews and Christians are not supposed to believe that either.

• 7 days ago

Yeah, me too!  In fact, I believe in a whole lot of things which totally lack any kind of empirical evidence.  For example: unicorns, chupacabras, mermaids, and talking snakes.  (And souls, of course.)

• Al
    1 week ago

Soul may just be a label or a human word, but everyone has the essence of God within them, otherwise we would not exist or have conscious thought of anything, The Bible eludes to God being LIGHT and you can see that illustrated even in science whenever we have an idea, a light bulb goes on in our brain, its an anthropomorphic illustration but still relevant to God that science has no problem using, science knows that Photon light exist with human DNA.

• Paul
    1 week ago

Of course I do. God has clearly revealed that reality to us. I'm not about to tell Him He is wrong.

• 1 week ago

No, I see no good reason to think that a soul exists. When people suffer from brain damage their personality can change.