Why is playing a musical instrument a waste of time for me ?

I am a man 37 years old, and I am failed bass player, and I hate musical instruments, are waste of time, I like me enjoy a good concert, a good book, but play musical instruments s u c k s

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

If you don't like doing it, don't do it. If you think it is a waste of time do something that you think is more meaningful, like being with your family, finding a new hobby; something like that. I like to go canoeing.

• Emdog
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

you wrote  "I hate musical instruments". Seems good enough reason to give it up

• Marli
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Only you know the answer to a question about your feelings.  

I began piano lessons when I was a child and again when I was a teenager. I like music, but I hated practicing the piano on top of doing schoolwork. I could not spread my fingers wide enough and press hard enough to sound some chords.

So, I might ask you if your physical development was not suited to playing a bass. Or if you preferred or had to do other things besides practicing on an instrument.  You might reply that you had no physical problems with the bass and that you wanted to practice it. So I'd be unable to answer your question.

Ask it to yourself.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You need to forget the bass and put all of your efforts into figuring out how they get all that toothpaste into the tube. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

A bigger waste of your time - and ours - is your constant whiny repetition.  I have given you thoughtful professional responses in the past /  but now you have worn my last nerve.  Sell your bass, and take yoga.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.