Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 2 months ago

Your thoughts on the name Henna for a girl?

My grandad’s name was Henry so we’re honouring him, but we’re avoiding using Henrietta because of our last name - Ball. Henry Ate A Ball. How does Henna Ball sound?

Henna Ball😂😂😂😂 Well henna is a very popular plant based red hair the paste especially prevalent in India and Ball= a testicle. .So your child's s name will basically mean ' a reddened or possibly inflamed testicle.

So perhaps it's.best to think of a better name .lol

I instantly thought of henna tattoos. Can you put it as her middle name? I know it might look weird but i know females that had male names as their middle names, like my childhood friend was, Emily Michael R(i wont spell her last name for privacy), one co workers middle name was James (was named after her grandfather too lol). Totally up to you though, if you feel like your daughter will understand why she was given that name i think that would be special for her.

I think Henna Ball is a cute name. The only issue I can think of are Henna tattoos. I believe it’s a big part of Indian culture so I’d recommend you look into that. Other than that I think a lot of people are giving it a lot of unnecessary hate. If you don’t like the feedback on it you could always use it as a middle name. It sounds cute I’d just recommend making sure you’re educated on Henna tattoos and the meaning behind them.

Harriet (nickname could be Etta, but with last name that would say "edible"--no, perhaps "Ree") and Hattie ... Love Hattie because it says, "had a ball" -- she may change it if/when she picks a professional name or gets married. 

Another idea is to consider your grandad's middle name or his mother's name/maiden name. We were lucky to have good *last* and *middle* names from the past to pick from, you don't have to use grandad's first name. I bet his mother's maiden name was something cool like Perry, Dillon, Porter, Vickers, or Hudson.

• helene

It's awful. Why to you have to use your grandfather's name on a girl?

I'm not fond of Henna as a name... how about Hattie? It's a short-form of Henrietta. 

Henna Ball is too close to Hannibal, as in Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lechter. Just use an H name to honor your grandad or save the name Henry for a son.

I surely wouldnt like the name Henna. I would prefer HIMA

Henna Ball sounds like a ball of henna. 

• Moya

Hannah

Use Hannah please