Stephen asked in PetsCats · 1 week ago

Why are cats hated so much?

Not speaking on behalf of everyone just a lot of people. I'm not a cat person but they don't bother me and they seem to make good pets. So why do people hate them, laugh when there killed but if a dog is killed it's 10 times worse.

7 days ago

2 words; they suck.

• 1 week ago

I think you have been hanging with a bad crowd...anybody who laughs at the death of an animal is no good people. I have never been in the presence of anyone like that and would not tolerate it. 

1 week ago

Tell me about it. It's very hypocritical how people demonise cats for hunting wild birds and rodents. Aka, being predators. But then people turn a blind eye to the dogs that kill humans for no reason!

• 1 week ago

Cats are actually the most popular pet.  I think a small percentage 

people don’t like them because it’s their preference but also some people don’t understand them or had a bad experience with one.  I love all animals but cat’s are my fav. because of their quirky personalities.  I think some people may prefer dogs because they are more straight forward with their affections and cat’s can be a bit mysterious.  

1 week ago

Cats are the number 1 pet in the USA. They are beloved pets because they do not need to be walked nor will they destroy your things because of separation anxiety.

• 1 week ago

It seems to always be dog people. They expect cats to be like dogs and when they are not like dogs they hate them for it. I don't get why people think cats need to be like dogs to be good pets. You may not want a cat because of how they are or you may prefer dogs and that's totally fine but there is no reason to hate. 

Its a myth that cats don't bond with their owners. I am a dog and cat person and have had both. They bonded with me equally. My cats love sitting on my lap, cuddling with me, being near me etc. 

• 1 week ago

Because they are suppossed to be domestic animals but they act more like a wild animal.

Roaming cats are also pests..  Invasive pests at that.

DOGS are actually the most popular pet in America.   There are more cats kept simply because people are more likely to have only one dog, while cat people are more likely to have multiple cats.

Many people dont have dogs because their landlord doesnt allow it.. (Tho oddly landlords are more likely to allow cats, even tho cats are very destructive).  If landlords allowed dogs, there'd be far more dog owners.

Dogs are also more expensive to obtain..  Even a mongrel pup can cost several hundred, while kittens are free to good home.  People often end up with a cat somehow, even when they were not looking for one.   I know many people who have a cat only because it showed up on their porch one day and wouldnt leave.

• 1 week ago

I am a cat person and have had cats all my life. They're independent and tend to want things when THEY want them (Food, play, fuss). My husband is a dog person and only tolerates my cat. He doesn't like the fact that they're so "aloof" most of the time. He likes that dogs are more interactive, so he bonds with them more.

As far as your 2nd bit, that has NOTHING to do with cats in general and just has to do with animal abuse. Anyone who thinks a cat/dog getting killed is funny is just sick. Period.

• Lisa A
    1 week ago

Cats are hated by extroverted people who demand to be worshipped upon command. A cat won't cooperate with that.

• Dze
    1 week ago

cats are more independent and dont bond as deeply as dogs with their owners usually ...