Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

Could a simple teenage girl have saved a soldier during the war?

Either ww1 or ww2? Could have it been possible, considering she was a teenage girl and the guy just fled from a pow camp and was in possess of some documents and was injured so that he couldn't keep on with the journey? Historically speaking, could have that been possible, if the girl was so set on saving him?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Nick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, especially during WWII. The girl might find the escaped prisoner hiding in an  outbuilding, inform her friends in the resistance, and try to keep him hidden from Nazi patrols until it is safe to move him on

• Prince
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Anyone might save anyone. Number 1 she never tells ANYONE because that's how secrets get betrayed and, number 2 she could probably find him shelter and steal enough food to keep him alive.

• 2 months ago

read summer of my german soldier

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

First of all: one doesn't flee from a POW internment camp unless it's on fire. Just what kind of documents would a POW have in his possession if he has just escaped from the camp?  How did the POW obtain these documents?  Since he is a POW he is an enemy why would this girl help him? 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's far more likely than the odds that you'll ever write a single one of these retarded ideas. 

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'm sure some young women helped soldiers in both conflicts.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I wish you would stop changing your stories. 

You won't tell what country this happens in, what side the man is fighting for, what branch of the armed services he is in, what his nationality is, the location of the P.o.w. camp, how far he is from it, how long he has been on the run, to what country he intended to escape, what the documents are, if he forged them for his escape, if he stole them, who has helped him so far (those 'countrymen' in your previous question may have been Allied flyers who were shot down over the enemy country, or other men who had escaped from p.o.w. camps and who are being passed from point to point via an "escape chain" similar to the ways fugitive slaves were passed along to the North and to Canada) Can he speak French, German, Italian or Spanish?

That's just the man.  Why is the girl in love with him? A girl working for the resistance or hiding fugitives usually did not fall in love with every man who passed through her safe-house. How did that happen?  She would have guided him to the next safe-house, not across Europe.  Why does she trust him? She just met him. Is she so naive that she falls in love with a handsome stranger with pain-glazed eyes who still can flirt with her? Who else is minding the hideout with her, since a teenager was unlikely to be in a resistance unit by herself?

P.s. to Tina.  Thank you for mentioning Franz von Werra. I looked him up.

• 2 months ago

yes. it happened. I read about it as a kid. you, obviously being countryless, dont really understand country loyallity and how the locals always kept an eye out.

• 2 months ago

Oh look please just go and read a BOOK. There are countless cases of prisoners of war in every period of history in every country of the world escaping in all kinds of ways and being helped by all kinds of people including teenage girls.

We all know that you just want to indulge your silly, faintly creepy fantasy about this hopelessly feeble-minded couple. The kindest thing would be to have them both machine-gunned.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. Hell no. Hell to the no. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.