Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 weeks ago

my mom won’t let me buy shaving cream, what do i do?

she allows me to shave but even she doesn’t use shaving cream for some reason. we are going on vacation and i want to use shaving cream bc i always get razor burn on my stomach and legs. what do i do??

• 6 days ago

shaving foam actually doesn't work as well as conditioner :)

1 week ago

Make a deal with her.

• Rick
    1 week ago

I use excess shampoo suds ..............................

• 1 week ago

Use an inexpensive lotion instead.  Jergens used to advertise theirs as such.

• Isabel
    1 week ago

When I was in middle school, I would get my body wash super lathery and use that to save my legs.  It was smooth and comfortable.

Why don't she let you use shaving cream?  Is it a budget issue, or is her skin type just so different from yours that she doesn't understand your specific needs?

• 1 week ago

Just use hair conditioner it’s kinda the same but makes your legs shiny and smother 

• 1 week ago

Use soap. Shaving cream doesn't aid in shaving. The idea of shaving cream is the creation of an additional grooming product to buy. Water softens hydrophilic hair strands. cream or soap helps hold the water to the skin. 

• Jane
    1 week ago

A few tips here.Your razor choice is more important, and skin care, as shaving is tough on skin, especially in sensitive areas. Tbh, as a hairy woman, I'd advise against shaving- I reached an understanding with my hair as it was a battle I could not win.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/anti-aging...

• e9601:
    1 week ago

Shampoo and or conditioner work very well.

Use hers instead?