I want to record my acoustic guitar but I have a small budget of 10000 rs or 150$. What should I do?

Should I buy a dynamic mic, or a condenser microphone and phantom power. Condenser mic have fuller frequency range but the problem is, the need of phantom power is making the choice expensive. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

If you want good quality, you _need_ a proper audio interface.

Any decent interface will have phantom power.

Be aware that many (most) microphones aimed at amateurs are scams and total rip-offs, a mic worth abous $1 in a big fancy casing.

Even some costing a lot ($hundreds) are still just an electret capsule, though the sellers never use that name, they claim they are condenser mics.

Examples of genuine ones are such as the Shure SM57/58 for dynamic and MXL 990 / V67g / V87 for condenser mics.

If you search ebay regularly, you may be able to find a focusrite Scarlett interface and an MXL 990 for ~$150

The interface is the most crucial part, so get that first rather than be tempted to get something low quality.

I want to record in my pc.

You can buy an interface like a Focusrite Scarlett for under $150. 

• Nick

What are you recording into? A lot of recording devices and digital input devices have phantom power built in.