Am I the only person who can cook boiled eggs without adding salt, vinegar or ice bath   ?

• 6 days ago

I use a pressure cooker.  Takes 5 minutes.  

No vinegar or salt.  Ice bath is optional to cool quicker.  

• 6 days ago

Just eggs and boiling water.

• ron h
    6 days ago

Seriously?  You really think that's unique?  All that is optional- i dunno what the vinegar and salt are for.  The ice bath makes them easy to peal. 

• 7 days ago

There are billions of people out there, I am sure plenty boil eggs just by putting them in boiling water and then taking them out.

• JOHN B
    7 days ago

Anyone can boil eggs without those things. Clown.

• 7 days ago

I use nothing but eggs and cold water.

• 7 days ago

I never have used any of those things, and have never had any problems boiling eggs, either. 

You put the eggs in the pan and cover them with water. Then you turn the heat up to high. When the water begins to boil, you time the eggs for three minutes--then COVER THE PAN AND TURN OFF THE HEAT.  Leave the eggs in the covered pan for 15 minutes. Run cold water on them until you can handle them without burning your fingers. Store them in the fridge. PERFECT boiled eggs, every single time. 

1 week ago

I've never heard of anyone using those things when boiling eggs so, no you're not.

• kswck2
    1 week ago

You might be. Apply to the Guinness Book of Records Immediately. 

• 1 week ago

No, because you don’t need salt, vinegar is just for easy peeling, and the ice bath halts further cooking and likely greenish yolks.