Do you like musicals? ?

If so, which musicals? If not, why?

Favorite Answer

I love all aspects of entertainment, and the musical theatre can incorporate just about all of them, acting, music, dance, writing, the creative work of scenery, costumes and lighting, all there to be enjoyed and appreciated. And while any live theatre excites me, the excitement as I'm about to see a musical is different, often more heightened; sometimes, I feel as if I might jump right out of my skin.

I love getting swept up by a good musical, whether it's a big ensemble or a few people on a nearly bare stage. The structure of the music draws me in, and I find myself responding viscerally to a great score, or even just a song or two.That's while I'm watching it. Afterwards, I leave the theatre, the music and emotion still swirling inside me. I've been known to dance down the street, singing as I go. I have no shame whatsoever! 😁

My favourite musicals include Gypsy, The Band's Visit, Avenue Q, Carousel, Book of Mormon, Wicked, and many more.

Love musicals I have a whole playlist of over 200 songs lol. My favorites are Be More Chill and The Book Of Mormon 

Yes I like many musicals such as Les Misérables.

Yes I love musicals!

• Petter

I'm not a superfan of musicals, but some I like. I liked Chess and Grease. I loved that Phantom of The Opera-movie if that counts, I  can honestly say it was one of the best movie experiences I have ever had. I also loved Kristina från Duvemåla.

Case by case basis. My favorites include Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Rocky Horror Show, Don't Play Us Cheap, and Forbidden Zone.

Did they take away replies? This is for the Kurt Weil fan, or anyone else really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z20JQeULNU0

Youtube thumbnail

Not so much, not even "Cats" who many advised me. I appreciated some biopics about musicians where music was very present , and some films where the protagonists are musicians like The Pianist, Blues Brothers, etc.

I find soundtracks important, but not that the actors sing (or dance, worse). The sudden scene in 'musical style' in movies that are not 'musical', instead I like them

• Kathy

Not really...............

Became a Kurt Weill fan a few years ago. Really interesting how his work can be applied to lots of genres.

Eh. Went thru my musical phase for a decade. 

Nothing like the classics:

Sound of Music.