Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

My mother stopped to see her ex-boyfriend when in San Francisco. Is she having an affair? How do I know?

She and my father have been having problems. My Dad is a liar and my Mom over-reacts. The two are a bad combination. Now she has gone to see her ex-boyfriend who is, you guessed it, twice divorced. They were lovers in high school and reconnected via Facebook. 

How do I know if she is having an affair? 

I know some will say mind your own business but it is my business because it is my parents. 

• David
    Favorite Answer

Well, there are two ways to look at this.

1)  Based on what you posted, your mother is 100% having an affair.  She's spending time alone with an ex-lover.  That is emotional cheating.  It definitely counts as an affair.  And it really doesn't matter if she has sex with her ex, as the damage was already done when she made plans to spend time alone with him.

2)  It's not your business.  There are only two people in a marriage.  You are not married to your mother.  You are not married to your father.  You know that  your mother is misbehaving.  But you need to keep your nose out of it. 

• kristy

Why else would she go see the guy?

voice your concerns to her.

Huh, what? That's leaping to a lot of conclusions that aren't back up by any facts. 

Talk to her and tell her your concern.