Why do some people get upset when they get diagnosed with diabetes?

Diabetes is a chronic disease that can be difficult to manage. Being diagnosed with any chronic disease can be quite stressful 

I'm not sure why, I was kind of matter-of-fact about it when I was diagnosed. Perhaps some people aren't aware of what it is they originally hear about it, and think it's an unstoppable death sentence like cancer.

Because they've been diagnosed with a life changing condition that is very scary at first.

Because it cause mood swings, anxiety and  can affect the blood flow to the important part of the body it’s Called ( DICK)

Most people get upset when they are diagnosed with a life long chronic medical condition that may shorten their life span significantly or might be fatal. The exceptions to this are the children who are diagnosed at a very young age who do not understand what death is. I was 2 years old when my pediatrician confirmed my mother's diagnosis. While I have clear memories of some incidents as far back as 4 or 5 months old, and I DO remember what I felt like in the weeks before the diagnosis was confirmed. I have NO clear memories of NOT being diabetic. 

Being diagnosed with diabetes often means making life style changes that many people either resist or refuse to do. It does NOT mean you can never eat anything good again. I LIKE broccoli and apples and bananas and bread and pasta. I eat all of them. I eat chocolate too. Being upset. scared and confused are totally normal reactions. So is being relieved, because someone else  finally figured out what is really wrong with them. That CAN turn into denial very quickly. I did not ad.it to myself I really am physically handicapped until I was 32 years oldsul. 

If you WANT to be diagnosed as diabetic, there very likely is something seriously wrong with you psychologically.  

Insulin DID NOT USED TO BE outrageously expensive and you DID NOT need a prescription to buy it. When beef a D pork insulin was still available in the early middle 1980s a 10cc vial of insulin cost under $50, NOT over $100. Pens didn't exist yet or were not widely available. 

BTW, you CAN still buy two types of insulin over the counter without a prescription in the United States. The pharmacies refuse to stock them. They claim there is not enough demand for them. 

Source(s): Type 1 diabetic since 1955.

Same reason some people get upset if they find the seats they want to sit in a movie theater (without reserved seating), have been taken by the people that got their before them.

Humans get upset over all sorts of things that they have little, to no control over, with medical conditions being one of them. 

Some adopt a why me or poor me attitude, whole others get educated about their condition, and learn what works best for THEM, VS what according to the books, should works for most in the same boat. 

Maybe they're worried about the cost of medical care and medications to treat their illness, without which they would likely suffer severe complications.

Because you know you will never be able to eat anything good ever again.

Never met any.

But they would be mad at themselves for letting themselves go when it comes to sugar.