My asus H97 motherboard PC always boots into bios after power cut. Any idea why?

When PC is not properly shut down, next time it always boots into the bios after this screen(Mentioned bellow).

I have one keyboard but it detects three keyboards.

After I go to bios and then save and exit from it, then it boots into the windows(10), but even that takes a lot of time.

Can anyone please let me know what's the issue ? any hints are welcome.

Thanks

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

you should replace the CR2032 CMOS battery

on the motherboard

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm pretty sure the cr2032 CMOS battery is dead. The BIOS will actually save data if the battery is dead, provided that the power supply is still feeding the motherboard electricity.

• 2 months ago

Replace the BIOS battery.

• Lv 7
    2 months ago

set the time/date.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Bios is losing its settings after a power cut. Initially I would change the BIOS battery on the motherboard, it is possible that if it is low the BIOS is losing its settings after the power cut. 

Also check that whichever bootable drive you have this is set as the first option in the list of devices in the BIOS rather than setting to auto.

If that fails then I would look at maybe trying a different PSU -  this may be sending a surge or sudden dropout causing BIOS corruption with a power cut.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.