What got you into theatre initially?

Favorite Answer

When I was in middle school I auditioned for a children’s summer theater production of “Charlotte’s Web” as something to try.  I loved it and so I did it every summer I could.  That lead to participating in high school theater including joining a competitive speech/drama forensics team.  Went on to get a BA in theater and eventually a professional acting career.

Parents being involved with amateur dramatics from before I was born.  I joined in at about 7.  Eventually decided to go into Stage Management rather than acting as I enjoyed the rehearsal process far more than the performances.  Trained in SM and had a career lasting for over 20 years.  Got tired of the life and had things going on in my life, so made a big change.  Enjoyed it for the most part, but glad I am out of it now.

I doubt anyone would give you a different answer other than "love for the craft and the process". It should be obvious.