Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Which flag do Democrats hate more, the American flag or Confederate flag?

Favorite Answer

You would never see a Democrat politician take a photo with the American flag unless they are force too. Nancy Pelosi is one of those people. 

• Ray S

Democrats aren't generally haters. And, today's Democrats would never put the Confederate flag above the American flag. 

However ...

      In the 1860's, the Confederate flag was the flag of traitors to the Constitution and the United States who fought to destroy the Union of states that was America. Throughout the 20th century, that flag was recognized solely as a piece of Civil War history. But today, it's back to being a symbol of treason. And, it's being proudly carried alongside the Nazi swastika by conservatives supporting Trump's effort to undermine and overthrow the government of the United States. The only real hate I'm sensing today is coming from conservatives who hate compromise, i.e. hate the democracy and the form of government the Founding Fathers established when they voted to approve the U.S. Constitution.

      It's Trump-Republicans who hate the American flag more than the Confederate flag, because, they want for their authoritarianism over the compromises necessary to make democracy work. They hate this democratic republic and fully intend to change it to represent their fascist ideology. Proof of that is inherent in the Trump/Republican acceptance and reliance on the support of neo-Nazis, white nationalists, proud Confederate battle flag wavers, and white supremacists ... When Biden says this election is for the soul of America, he's not lying. And, he's most certainly not exaggerating.

• James

The flag of traitors that Republican “patriots” love to fly.

• Daro

Depends on what is on T.V. "news" on a particular day.

.

I'll answer your question if can tell me which one you hate more Democrats or your fellow Americans.

Democrats find the American flag traumatizing and offensive.

🥴 I love the fvck out of the American flag.

The Confederate flag gives me the heebie jeebies. I can't look at it or I'll turn to stone.

It’s obvious which one is hated more 

The confederate flag is anti-American and treasonous.