Brown Water in Toilet after Flushing?

Hi,

So I live in Summer dorms with my own bathroom and maybe like 2 weeks ago my toilet started to flush for a longer time. Like it would keep pushing water down after flushing any excretions (Not clogged because the flushes were still powerful).

I ignored it and figured that it would be fine to leave alone as I am moving out in a week. But, I just went to the bathroom and flushed, came back and now the toilet bowl is filled with brown water. I only went Pee. 

I am in a meeting until 7pm on my laptop and cannot even call anyone until after that. Is this an Emergency? Or is it safe to try flushing my toilet again?

maintenance issue.  give them a call.  likely cause -- the flapper valve needs to be replaced

• Marvin

The toilet innards (those parts in the tank) are rusted. You will have to replace them with newer plastic parts.