Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

why do people like "musicians" such as Taylor Swift? her latest album nearly makes one want to commit suicide?

Favorite Answer

Could be worse.  It could be a new album by Miley Cyrus, or Ariana Grande or another angst-filled album by Billie Eilish.

I may be old, but I grew up in sort of a Golden Age of Female Vocalists.  Aretha Franklin...Gladys Knight...Carly Simon...Dusty Springfield...Sandy Denny...Joni Mitchell...Freda Payne...Chi Coltrane...Cass Elliot...Anni-Frid Lyngstad and Agnetha Faltskog...and I could keep going on for a good while, but what a collection of voices.

Oh, and don't forget Annie Haslam and Renaissance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-JEJZtnsE0

Youtube thumbnail

I don't think she can sing, but some people seem to enjoy listening to off-key warbling. I haven't listened to her latest album. After songs such as "You Belong with Me" and "We are Never Ever Getting Back Together," I have no desire.

Welcome to the current generation of pop musicians. Sad I know.

• Petter

Have you never really realized that people have extremly different taste when it comes to not only music, but clothes, looks, food, movies, etc? Can one really be that clueless of what is going on in this world?

The big mystery here though is why you listened to Taylors latest album in the first place. It can't come as a shock to you that she makes this kind of music, no?

It's the highest form of snobbism/elitism to think that your music taste is so much better and more intelligent than anyone elses.

have u listened to it a few times?

she's terrible..............

...and yet, here you are. 

Compared to your vast musical contribution I'm sure she is ashamed. ROFL

I'd still like to bang her.

some people have low intellect. so they don't realize that it is awful music. they are just following along with what their friends like probably who also don't know what they like because they are just following along with what someone in a popular movie or show said they like, etc