Am I the only one that thinks gold jewelry is ugly? ?

It looks cheap and ugly to me. I don’t like the yellow color of it. Silver is so much better but I don’t see as much silver jewelry 

• drip
    6 days ago

Not a huge fan of yellow gold. I do have some lovely gold pieces.  I do love rose gold. I love silver too. 

I wear a lot of Brighton Silver.  

• 7 days ago

nope         .

• 1 week ago

I guess you must be younger. People at different ages will like different things. Just like all children like sweets, not all adults like sweets.

When I was a child, I didn't like gold and silver. What I liked was colorful things. When I grow up, I can suddenly appreciate the beauty of gold and silver jewelry.You don't need to force yourself to like gold and silver jewelry, but you don't want to hate it. Wouldn’t it be nice to like what you like and not to slander what others like?

1 week ago

It is not ugly, diamonds are the best though

• 1 week ago

Prior to the 1990''s most engagement rings were yellow gold. Since then, white gold has been favored and as such, the interest in sterling silver also became popular as to be the same metal color as the white gold bridal sets. Especially as the price of yellow gold hit record highs.

In the 1970s, when I was a teen, I had a good collection of sterling silver jewelry. Then, when I got engaged, yellow gold was very popular. From then on, I added to my gold jewelry collection. I wore gold in the winter and sterling in the summertime. I love both gold and silver jewelry.

I cannot say that gold looks cheap, because my gold jewelry is set with beautiful precious and semi precious stones. None of my silver jewelry has those stones, instead it has coral, turquoise, onyx, lapis and abalone. I would not like jewelry that is silver with emeralds , rubies and other colored stones. I would hate  yellow gold with turquoise and other less expensive stones.

I think that people typically go with what is popular at the moment and may be closed minded to accept change.

When the white gold engagement rings with cluster diamonds became popular  I thought they looked cheap, had too many settings to maintain and as a result,  had a high risk of losing a diamond. But, now they are growing on me.

Jewelry is such a personal preference. White gold needs rhodium maintenance or it begins to yellow. Platinum is ultra expensive. Sterling is a softer metal, but so affordable and easy to keep shiny with toothpaste. Why pick just one when you can have it all? Lol

• 1 week ago

No your not I am not a fan of yellow gold either I am more of person that likes silver as well. 

• 1 week ago

I think it depends on the jewelry. There are some really intricate pieces out there. It also depends on the occasion, on the clothes one is wearing, on the place they are going.

• e9601:

Gold jewelry is beautiful.

Gold used to be valuable, only the rich had it. Nowadays it is so vastly available that anyone can buy it, so because everyone can have it the value is alot less. Gold is basically tacky af. Like you I prefer silver as it looks nicer. 

You are entitled with your incorrect opinion. Gold jewelries are expensive and sophisticated.