Could I have HIV from sharing a razor?

I’m 13 y/o, and very paranoid because a few years ago, I used my friends razor, and I think I might have used my aunts at the beach. Idk if either of them are HIV positive, but I have been extremely worried recently.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Unless the other person is HIV+ and cuts a huge gash in themselves while shaving, then hands you the razor and you cut a huge gash on yourself and then you vigorously rub your gushing cuts together you can not get HIV that way. Unless the razor thing is a euphemism for unprotected anal sex with ejaculation??

• J
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

It’s possible but very unlikely. If a person with HIV cut themself shaving and then you cut yourself with the same razor, you could get infected. But HIV can’t survive long outside the body. Once blood is dry, it can’t give you HIV (but you can get hep C). If you’re really that concerned, get tested. In the future, don’t share razors. 

• 2 weeks ago

Highly doubtful. The only conceivable risk would be if the previous user of the razor was HIV positive and cut themselves with it then you also cut yourself with it.  Even then the risks are virtually zero  

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Yup, you could have HIV. Tough luck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

you still don't or ever had HIV

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

You can't catch it from someone who doesn't have it. Pay attention in school.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.