Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Why should we legalize drugs and murder?

• Wilson
    Favorite Answer

Because governments do it and have been doing it for centuries. 

War. A justification for murder on a large scale. 

Drugs. The governments of the world are the biggest "dealers" of controlled and non-controlled substances. 

The governments convince us that it's wrong only when they can't control it, justify it, or tax it.

• J

I believe we should legalize all drugs. But why in hell would we legalize murder? Drug crimes are victimless. Murder ruins entire families and communities. I don’t think the government should tell people what to do with their bodies. We should punish bad behavior, not substances. We don’t punish people for drinking, we punish them when they drive drunk and kill someone. Legalizing drugs would eliminate a lot of the dangers associated with them. They would be sold in stores, and regulated. That means less overdoses, violence, and billions in tax revenue. 

• Mandy

We shouldn’t.  Why are you asking a foolish question?  I also see that a foolish answer, was your favorite, as well.

I used to be a classical libertarian liberal in favor of maximum beneficial freedom, so I thought drugs should be legal.

Then, I earned a federal award working in a psych/detox hospital as a volunteer.  There's something IMPORTANT most people don't understand about addiction.  Well over 95% of quitting attempts end in failure.  It's likely less than 50% of sufferers will beat their addictions permanently, and most have waited until things got BAD, before they tried.  It would cost us too much to legalize drugs , EXCEPT mildly addictive marijuana.

Because Chicago is such a good example for all to follow the black road

murder is legal if youre a cop

• Troy

Two very different things. Drugs should be legalized because that is the individuals freedom. Murder illegal because the value of the individuals choice is negated by the negation of the other persons choice. 

Not to mention the impracticallity of legalized murder.

There is no logical reason to do so.

• They already did in democrat fun cities and states.