Starting over?

So I am a bad toxic relationship. I'm planning on leaving him without notice due to him being violent. But I feel bad about it. Am I wrong? Has anyone been there this before?

Favorite Answer

you should not feel bad about it at all, haven’t been in a situation like it myself but if he’s not treating you right then he doesn’t deserve you I say leave and never look back, make sure you block him on everything like I’m talking instagram, snapchat, block his phone number literally everything. it’ll probably be tough and you’ll probably find yourself missing him if you love him like I’m assuming but stay strong, you’ll look back one day and be so glad you left I’m sure :)

You shouldn’t feel wrong for leaving. Just make sure that you have a plan so it won’t be easy for you to turn around and go back. Maybe a different city would be a good change. Have you ever thought about “Chicago”? 

Every decision we make has a component of regret. When I choose to spend vacation time with my parents, I regret not spending that time traveling. And when I spend vacation time traveling, I regret not spending that time with my very elderly parents. 

You're always going to live with regretting that you didn't do things differently. But you can't let that keep you from doing what you need to do. You can live with regretting that the relationship didn't work out a lot better than you can live with regretting you didn't leave him before he beat on you, you know? 

• Nat

No, you’re not wrong. You’re 1000% in the right. Leave as quickly as possible with no notice. 

You are 100% right. Leave, even if it means leaving some of your stuff behind. Make sure you have a safe place to go, and never feel guilty. He is 100% in the wrong if he's violent. Don't read or respond to his texts or phone calls. Block him. Don't get sucked back in. If he tries to scare you, call the police. If he tries to make you feel bad, don't! If at all possible, go to therapy with a woman therapist.