onthe45 asked in SportsBoxing · 2 months ago

Question about Mike Tyson  comeback?

I know it's supposed to be an exhibition but how hard are they be going to be fighting? Will it be like a regular fight, will they be going for a knockout? I know it'll probably do good PPV numbers but it seems like a load of nonsense to me. 

Adam; Actually i quite like that idea of Tyson Holyfield 3 on the  AJ Fury undercard lol!

I think it will be a joke..............................

• snafu

They’re professionals although that may not be enough if it starts to get a bit edgy.  As former elite sportsmen they’re also still going to have that extreme competitive urge.  I’m hoping neither one of them gets hurt.  I can’t see this as a proper competitive, something on the line fight.  It’s an amble down memory lane.

• Adam

Considering he's admitted it's basically an exhibition and a way for him to stay fit and the fights ain't that serious... I like it. Better than a full blown comeback against proper fighters. 2 legends in amateur fights for charity could help a lot of boxing undercards and I think they could do the sport some good. If we had Tyson V Holyfield on the fury AJ undercard for charity, it could help bring more eyes to the sport

• Ray

That depends on the fighters. 

Sugar Ray Leonard, who is a boxer with great self control, was sparring a reporter but when the reporter started hitting him hard Ray through some solid body shots. 

Both fighters will go soft and hopefully keep it that way but if one gets pretty anything can happen. 

Evander Holyfield had an exhibition bout against former presidential candidate Mitt Romney, hopefully the bout goes like this. 

It is nonsense, the CSAC are sanctioning it through sheer greed, Roy Jones Jr should never be licensed again for his own sake.   They've got Muhammad Ali as an example of what could happen when you go on too long but it seems it has to happen to them individually before they accept that boxing is a young man's sport.

Anyway, I heard overnight that it'll be an 8-round contest, the gloves will be big and both fighters have agreed not to look for the KO but I wouldn't trust Mike Tyson to remember that agreement for a full 24 minutes, I got Tyson by KO/TKO.