Should I travel over Christmas?

A family member offered for me to go with them over Christmas overseas to another country, which I thought would be super cool, since I have never left the United States. However, I feel bad to go, as I would be gone over Christmas, which is also my mom’s birthday. Is it selfish for me to travel?

Favorite Answer

Are you even allowed to enter that country? Many countries have currently banned travelers from the US or have a 14 quarantine period (not much of a vacation). And the way we are going at the moment it would seem like the ban would increase not decrease. On the other hand, that is 5 months away and a lot can happen in 5 months (good or bad).

That being said, if the opportunity to travel presents itself you should go. Be sure to celebrate with your mother before you leave. Just be upfront and honest about everything.

Talk it over with your mom  and see how she feels about it.  

See how the Coronavirus come Christmas. If no virus feel free to do as you wish and just make a really special gift for your mother in advance so she feels special to.