English soccer; do you like ice hockey?

I am a Canadian fan of the Premier League!

I am like 1 in 100,000 Canadians who watch soccer LOL. Nah, for real, IDK how popular it is but not the most popular.

Well, just that poll. -- Josh. 

Favorite Answer

I like what I’ve seen, I like the aggression and fighting in the game, it’s so random, but I feel like I would probably get bored watching a whole match, the YT compilations are good enough, lol. 

I see this forum is over-loaded by U.K. know-nothings.  

It's HOCKEY, you morons, not "ice hockey."  Of course it's played on ice.  That other dumb thing is field hockey.  SOCCER isn't the only "football". It's just association football, a phase developed in England in 1863 when The Football Association codified its rules, which differed from the rules for Rugby, which were codified in 1848.  "Soccer" derived from slang or jocular abbreviation of "association."  It was called "socca" from at least 1889, & was known as "soccer" from at least 1895.  It's just one of several variants of football - Association, Australian rules, Rugby & at least two variants of Gridiron - Canadian rules & U.S. rules. Anyone who's actually played hockey, the two gridiron games & soccer will tell you that hockey is by far the fastest, most exciting game to play, needing the most talent.  U.K. "hockey" is a joke.  It's teams would be hard-pressed to compete with even the Major Junior teams (ages 16-21) in Canada.  Typical f-ing limeys!  Don't know your a$$es from your elbows, but pompously think you're the World's Foremost Authorities on all things.            

It's Ok but not a patch on Association Football and I've seen a lot of both we have an ice rink and local team the Blackburn Hawks.

My nephew plays for Manchester Storm under 15's he was poached from the Hawks the Storm a lot higher grade he has also represented Northern England and England.

But having said that me and his dad are gutted he is not into Footy his dad was a semi-professional for Darwen FC. Having said that we support him fully and travelled all over UK watching him play, before lockdown we were looking forward to a trip to the Netherlands.

I have a lot of time for Canada. I like poutine(without Cheese) I'm from the North of England.

If your looking for a Football team to follow check out my team Blackburn Rovers our

history is second to none.

The popularity of soccer is dependent on IQ. The more stupid they are the more they are likely to watch it.

• Monny

The only knowledge of Ice Hockey I have is a film I saw as a kid called "Slapshot".

Incredibly violent as I remember; if it's like that now I should be watching !