Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

What’s a good stronghold dog cologne to use? ?

My dog has long hair and due to this COVID thing I cant get as often as before to the vet and I don’t like the dog smell :/

Favorite Answer

There are a variety of products available for that purpose like the one at the link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Deodorant-Eucalyptu...

• Maxi

Dogs smell because of dead hair and dander, so grooming your dog weekly will get rid of the smell on the dog ad in your house.dogs rarely need bathing uless they have been rolling in something smelly or they get muddy and then you bathe with a correct Ph balanced shampoo for dogs rinsing off the shampoo properly.......... you NEVER spray dog with perfumed anything......however I doubt this question is real as you seem clueless why a dog goes to a vet as vets do not brush or  bathe dogs, that would be a grooming place as well as covid has not stopped vets working anyway

If the dog stinks then WASH the dog (with a canine shampoo). Don't try a cover-up cologne - it will not last.  You can also make a dog bed filled with red cedar shavings sold at may places - like farm stores.  Dogs do tend to pick up the scent of cedar & most people do not find it objectionable.

So take him into the shower with you.  Use dog shampoo, not human shampoo, which has a much lower Ph and will damage his skin and cause itchiness, will make him sick over time.  Remember dog conditioner.  They need that too.  Rinse well, unless it is a leave in.