Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Why mice aren't falling for the trap no more?

It worked like a charm; a sticky cardboard that unfolds in half was what i used to catch mice ( optional bait added).

Now i see them running around but they avoid the baited trap.  I do not touch the trap or bait with my bare hands so as not to transfer my scent.  

Any ideas why they learned to avoid the traps ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

They learn.  I think it's more than a left behind scent of distressed mouse because otherwise just moving the trap to a new location would work.  I have to change the type of trap I use avery few weeks on rotation during the part of the year they come inside.  The first few days of a new style of trap they work the best.

• 2 months ago

Get a cat.

Quit shooting the feral cats outside. Having 2 or 3 feral cats hanging around means the mice will not live long enough to get to your house.

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They learn, quickly too, change up baits and or trapping methods.

• 2 months ago

gee ... mice learn.  who'd a thunk it.  change to a different type of trap

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Barry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Mice are intelligent and they recognise danger. Use a humane poison or an electric zapper. Much more effective.

• John
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Mice can't resist peanutbutter and rat poison smells and tastes like peanutbutter. Tractor Supply sells real rat poison. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Mice are very smart animals.  Darwin's theory (adapt or die) is just working.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.