Where can I get to learn about the PCB soldering?
I want to know about the articles, blogs that are specifically meant for the learning of PCB soldering and the related studies.
- 1 month ago
Check around in your area for Ham operators. Most will know about it,
however surface mount parts are whole different world.
- roderick_youngLv 72 months ago
Do you mean how you can solder as an individual, or the process of soldering in manufacturing?
Try a Google on "PCB manufacturing steps" if you're looking for the second one. Some information may be proprietary, like the temperature profile, but you can get a good idea of the basics.
- VamanLv 72 months ago
1. Buy a soldering iron of 20 Watts and also solder and cleaner.
2. Heat the soldering iron and see that solder sticks to it. Before that clean the PCB.
3. Suppose you want o solder a resistor, first apply solder to resistor still it sticks. If it does not. clean the end with blade. The end should glisten. Now apply the solder. It should stick. If it does then.
4. Take it to PCB. Put the resistor where you want and just touch with the soldering iron for may be max 5 seconds. PCB is delicate and it may get spoiled.
5. Pull the resistance. It should not come out. Where you soldered, that part should shine like a mirror.
6. Practice this several times.
- qrkLv 72 months ago
First step, download the NASA soldering guides. This is the basis of
all soldering courses. It's a bit antiquated by today's practices since they don't cover surface mount.
Very slow download, but very good visual reference.
Do a search on Youtube for tutorials on soldering. The main thing to learn from the NASA guides is what a good solder joint looks like. For hobbyist soldering, you can get by with bad (according to NASA standards) joints. For thru-hole components, you don't need to clinch the leads since you're not worried about high vibration environments.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 異域秦後人Lv 72 months ago
TAKE A PAY COURSE OR PRACTICE BY YOURSELF.
- PhilomelLv 72 months ago
There is a NASA solder school where you can learn all about soldering. It is also taught in some High schools and some trade schools. You can read about it in a library.
where do you live, you may be able to find someone local to you who knows how to solder PCB's. Ask around.