Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 3 weeks ago

Help me confirm I’m hiv negative ?

I have been worried non stop about this, I think it is because I have a lot of time to sit around with not much else to think about. I had msm anal sex with 3 people from January to March, each time with a condom and each time we pulled out. I took an oraquick test in late April, and another in late may. Both were negative. I feel that the odds of me having it are very slim, and even slimmer following the two negative antibody tests, but I can’t seem to shake it off my mind. 

• Jim

Take one more test to ease your mind. If it's negative stop worrying. You should probably stop having anal sex if it's going to make you paranoid.

• J

The tests already confirmed you are negative. Just keep using condoms every time. Unless a condom breaks, you really don’t have much to worry about. Just remember you can get HIV from giving oral sex too. 

3 sexual partners in a 3 month span can be dangerous. if you did have HIV, who did you give it to, and who gave it to you. It’s just foolish. Glad you had a condom, but you need to get control of your body and your focus. Clearly it’s in the wrong place and now has you still focused on the what if! We all have fun, so not judging you, just be careful and slow it down. 

Now Go get tested. It’s the only way to cure your Mind! But stop giving up your booty hole so quick. Build a relationship. Have some class. Don’t put yourself in this position again. It’s playing with fire

• kelvin

you still don't have or ever had HIV

• Since you used a condom, it didn't break or fall off then you most likely didn't contract HIV. Your tests were also negative. If you feel the need to get tested one more time, if you're still negative then you should stop worrying about it. 

Only way to really know is to go to a clinic and get tested.

As condoms were used the risk is pretty much zero.  If worried get a proper test to put your mind at ease.

Listen to me, YOU ARE HIV NEGATIVE.

Now repeat those words in the mirror until you believe it.

The chances you have HIV is a grand zero. That's right. There's a lot of scaremongering that can make you believe you have a disease like HIV but you don't.

Let's talk statistics. The chances of transmission are 8 in 10,000 (0.8%) at most. But you used a condom so that reduces your chances to 0. You further took TWO OraQuick tests that each came back NEGATIVE. Not positive, but NEGATIVE.

Also, not everyone gets symptoms after they're infected with HIV but the majority (I think it's 80%, don't quote me on that) experience flu-like symptoms within the first few months. And many experience other symptoms too. But nowadays with Covid-19, flu symptoms aren't a sure indication of HIV.

Please get tested but only for your ease of mind. You know you don't have HIV, but get tested anyway. Always use a condom and reduce risky encounters in future - they are fun in the moment but make you sick with worry after. It's not worth it.

• Rico

The only sure fire way to get absolute confirmation is to have a blood test