Ben
Lv 6
Ben asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 2 months ago

Is 5ft 8 as common as a height for a full grown man as 6ft 2 or 6ft 3?

a) yes

b) no

When you answer, can you give me an explanation?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

No.  It all depends on your heritage. People from Scandnavian countries tend to be taller than those from southern Italy.  Maybe it is the Fish?  7'7" compared to 5'2"

. All it means is we vary in size. Just like dogs. a Chihuahua compared to a Great Dane.  Both are still dogs.  They know it.

• sepia
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes.

It depends on context, for example, 5' 8" is as common a height for men in Brazil as 6' 2" is for men in the Netherlands. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends what country you are in. Average heights vary by country. 

Norway would not be the same as Vietnam.

• Marvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes. 

I am 6' 3" and live in LA. Most men are slightly shorter than I am. So that is about right.

My son is 5' 10".  That is very strange in deed because my wife is Asian and I am his adopted father.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

In Thailand he would be pretty tall. In the Netherlands he would be quite short.

As you almost certainly know.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would imagine that being completely retarded is common in your family 

• 2 months ago

Yeah, it's a pretty common height.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It depends on context, for example, 5' 8" is as common a height for men in Brazil as 6' 2" is for men in the Netherlands. That's because heights in a population follow a normal distribution and because 5' 8" deviates from the mean height of men in Brazil the same amount that 6' 2" deviates from the mean height men in the Netherlands. In the context of Bolivia and Portugal, however, that can't be said, because 5' 8" is far more common than 6' 2" in comparing those populations.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.