Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 2 months ago

Can I go back to Walmart?

I was forced to quit working at Walmart by my parents because of the virus. I saw online they have a policy where you gotta wait 1 year to come back?!? I don't know if that's true but I'm still employed by them they just took me off the schedule so when does my year start??? And can I just go to another location and work there ?

It's 6 months...and most of them are rehiring on the spot due to COVID-19.

• When you quit, you're no longer employed. You would have to wait a year to re apply. You're not temporally unemployed for a year after you quit. They take you off the schedule when you quit because you decided you didn't want to work there any more. Quitting a job is usually a permanent thing. Once you quit, you would have to re apply if you want your job back. You don't just show up a year later after quitting.  

You would have to re apply and see if you're able to go back to the store, or apply to another location. 

Well yeah if your parents have pre existing conditions yeah.and I don’t know 

Being forced to quit and still employed cannot both be true.

If you quit without notice, they are not going to hire you back even 2 years from now.

If you are indeed still employed you can work if they put you back on the schedule.

Ask whoever made the schedule.

When I was a manager of an eatery, I had a guy that i only called when I had nobody else. So he might go a month without working but he would come if we called. He just screwed up a lot and it cost us money.

• Bort

Things may be different because of the virus situation. Demand always wins in your situation. If there's a demand for workers they'll bypass the 1 thing. The 1 year thing does not apply if you truly are still employed. You can probably go back to the same one. You won't know until you contact them, call, and find out. 

• A

Call Walmart and ask them