How come Austria gets to host TWO Formula One races?
Seems a bit unfair on countries that don't host any at all.
- funnelLv 44 weeks ago
I KNOOOW! how come, huh? Stupid gets to host stuff TWO times Austria and stuff. Ya know?
- 1 month ago
The organizers are trying to minimize risk of contraction, by having less venues, restricted to countries that have a lower risk, or better facilities to run the series under these conditions, but i get where you are coming from..
- Verulam 1Lv 72 months ago
1. Covid 19 shut down F 1 races for many months.
2. In order to catch up, a bit, those tracks that were able to open did, so two races were held in Austria, the first the Austrian GP and the second the Styrian GP (officially known as the Formula 1 Pirelli Großer Preis der Steiermark 2020) but held on the same track
3. I think there will be two on the Silverstone (UK) track - check for yourself.
Hopefully things will go back to 'normal' or some form of that, next season.
- AdamLv 62 months ago
Covid has created an exceptional set of circumstances. Some countries cannot host due to Covid and the FIA wanted as close to a 20 race calendar as possible. Hosting 2 races at Austria and Silverstone as both were willing will help that. What's annoyed me with Silverstone is to me they should have used one of the additional track layouts to help make the second race different.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous2 months ago
Covid virus control. Some venues will not be used this season, because of prevention issues.