Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 9 months ago

Sacramento, Oakland, & Stockton more diverse than NYC?

I was wondering if someone could explain this to me. I was under the impression that NYC had people from everywhere in the world. 

How can someplace be more diverse than that? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Agree.  But you should cite some demographic sources for NYC to make your point.

I think Oakland, where I live, is way more diverse.  Here's why:

"Oakland racial demographics

Image: thecoli.com

According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Oakland was: White: 36.66% Black or African American: 24.31% Asian: 15.89% Other race: 14.65% Two or more races: 7.01% Native American: 0.87% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.60%" [worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/oakland-population/ ]

Now prove me otherwise with your own numbers.

• 9 months ago

"Diversity" is just a code word for  large amounts of darkies.

• 9 months ago

Oakland and NYC are certainly very ethnically diverse. Sacramento not so much. But Oakland is rapidly losing people of color due to high housing costs. 

• 9 months ago

total and complete nonsense.....NYC is called the Great Melting Pot for a reason.  There is every country in the world represented in NYC.

In fact, the UN is there.   There is every  nationality  that can be found on earth  in NYC. 

I don't know how the hell you can get more diverse than that. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Oakland, has more black people than Sacramento, and stockton

• 9 months ago

Last time I checked (retired NYS teacher) the school calendar for NYC was available online in something like 36 languages.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.