Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesBMW · 2 months ago

Is the 1999 C43 AMG better then a 2004 BMW M3?

I recently drove a C43 AMG for the first time ,I felt as if this compact luxury sports sedan would perhaps outperform a BMW M3 at a race track , the C43 AMG has anti- hurdle resistant shock absorbers as suspension ,but it is far beyond it's time , I feel that this little speed demon of 326 WHP can one day be ranked higher then most entry series modern BMW"s from today to the past .

If you're looking at the W202 AMG models, I would personally prefer the C36.

Sure, the C43 puts more power to the wheels but, the C36 with its inline 6 ( compared to the V8 C43 ) is a better balanced machine.  The C43, in comparison, is nose-heavy.

If it's absolute power you're looking for, the C63's, either the W204  ( with the 6.2 L V8 ) or the W205 ( with the bi-turbo 4.0 L V8 ) will blow away the C43