Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

Should I leave? ?

We have had these 3 arguments + many more in the short span of 2.5 months. We have had plenty of good times but I’m thinking maybe these are warning signs. 

1. 3 weeks into our relationship he started insisting on meeting my family. I told him I’m not ready and he tried “oh I guess you’re embarrassed of me”, then said I was being illogical, then said “I don’t even want to be around you if you’re doubting us already” I actually felt like I was being interrogated. This has happened at least 3 times 

2. We had an argument on the way to his friends house cause I took too long to respond to him. So he spent the whole night  trying to call me out in front of his friends and embarrassing me

3. When I was 18, I hooked up with a guy that had a girlfriend because he said he would leave her for me, he never did so we cut ties. That was 10 years ago. I told my boyfriend because we were talking about the cringey things we did when we were younger. His girlfriend got an intervention order against him at age 17, but when I told him this he said things like “good to know your moral code” and “you should feel guilty” - he was questioning me like he’s my dad 

4. We had a difference in opinion about the Illuminati, as I was sharing my opinion, he was talking to me condescendingly like I’m a dumb child. All I said was “im feeling kinda judged right now” and I laughed. This ended with him talking over me repeatedly, laughing at me trying to explain my feelings and antagonising me

• Jesere

Leave, he is an abuser and they think they own you....it only gets worse. A good relationship is based on respect, trust,  communication.....

he sounds controlling. I think you should leave him.