Retirement ?

Hello,

I am trying to find more ways to fund my retirement. I am currently 27 and contribute to my workplace's 401K (Pretax), a roth ira (PostTax), and have a pension. I max out my roth IRA so i can't do anything there. I was wondering if there were any other things i could contribute to if i have left over cash. Thanks!

A HOUSE !!!  while prices are still "reasonable" and interest rates are at 2%. {Personally I would put the house as #1. Mine went up 500% in 30 years, and if I need to sell, my gain is tax free.}

An annuity, a regular bank account, a securities account.

• Bill

You are doing fine. Invest in a taxable account. If you retire very early you can spend that until you are old enough to tap the 401k without penalty. 

Your retirement is funded with your total portfolio.

Your pension & 401K are not available until you reach 59.5 at the earliest.

The Roth can be pulled from but it's usually best to leave it.

Don't you need money outside of retirement funds - for houses, family activities, etc.

- If you was you, I wouldn't throw so much into "retirement" and instead create a more balanced portfolio.

Mutual funds, CDs, bonds, stocks, etc.

It's great that you've started so young, so you need to start looking at ways to minimize taxes in retirement. A Roth IRA is a good start but the max contribution is so low that you need something else. Does your 401K have a Roth option? If so, then contribute to your traditional to make sure you get the full match, then put the rest in the Roth.