Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Why do Christians celebrate the birth of Christ in the wrong time of the year?

34 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

It is how we was raised. But with Jesus teaching. We need to follow God and not man. 

John5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

• 3 weeks ago

IT is what we were deceive to believe.

• 3 weeks ago

The Catholics decided to have a mass for Christ to replace midwinter celebrations.  From there it became a celebration of his birth.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Who says it is the wrong time? The actual date of Jesus' birth is unknown, therefore His Church selected a date on which to celebrate that event.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TeeM
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The irony of this is, Christianity didn't convert the world, the world converted christians.  Making the vast majority of 'christians' pseudo or in name only.

This is in fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy and illustration of weeds being planted among the wheat.  Or false christians would infiltrate true Christianity.

The irony about christmas, is the fact that Jesus nor his jewish disciples never celebrated their own birthdays, nor did they celebrate Jesus'.

• 3 weeks ago

We told you 47 times in previous posts 

• 3 weeks ago

Christians do not celebrate the birth of Christ but rather His death and resurrection and they do that every day.

Only people who call themselves Christians celebrate the birth of Christ.

...and did you not know that Christmas is a Roman Catholic invention, opposed to Christ?

• 3 weeks ago

Basically it was done at that time to counter pagan and other religious group's celebration. Look it up on line if you are really interested.

• 3 weeks ago

They don't. December 25th, “Christmas Day” is when the birth of Jesus is celebrated. It would be silly for anyone to decide to celebrate it on another day - they would appear foolish.

We've all known for a VERY long time that Jesus was not actually born on that date, or even near it. So far as I know, no sensible person has ever suggested he was. December 25th, like it or not, is the date set aside for celebrating the birth of Jesus though.

• joedlh
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It's neither the wrong time nor the right time. Nobody knows. The Bible does not contain a reference to the exact date. Scholars have inferred that the 25 December date was chosen in order to coopt the feast of Saturnalia, which was a pagan observation of the winter solstice. The dang Pagans wouldn't stop celebrating, so they were given something Christian to celebrate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.