do you feel sorry for prisoners during the current virus lockdown ?

Lat night i watched the news it showed life in prison under the current virus lockdown , prisoners are locked in their cells 23 hours per day, they arent allowed gym or assocation, just 1 hour per day for excercise, the prisoners lookked fed up and very misreable i know criminals must be punished and of course prison is a punishment but one fealt a little sorry for them ?

Yes I do. While undoubtedly a proportion of prisoners are dangerous and guilty of heinous crimes,  many in particular those convicted of minor offenses and those vulnerable ones with mental health problems have no place in prison. However can you imagine what life is like for the officers charged with keeping them confined? 

• Yes, I do feel sorry for them. The numbers get scary https://www.themarshallproject.org/2020/05/01/a-st...

The other answers that seem to suggest that all prisoners are convicted violent criminals are pretty wrong. https://www.prisonpolicy.org/reports/pie2020.html 

No ........................

No it's their victims who I feel sorry for. If you can't do the time don't do the crime. Some people have been locked in their homes since March and couldn't even go out for an hour.

Their punishment is being denied their liberty, not being cooped up in their cells like battery hens. The largest section of the prison population comprises prisoners who are persistent thieves rather than being violent. They could be allowed out on licence, with recall if they re-offend, rather than having to endure such extreme punishment.

If we execute them it would save us 10s of millions a year.

Many people in prison deserved it.

I've never been to jail because I'm too smart to get caught 

Almost all crimes have victims. They are the ones you should feel sorry for.

Many of them have raped women and molested childen, so if Covid-19 kills them that's poetic justice for their dastardly crimes.

No. We are getting treated almost as badly.